Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Weekend of Milestones....


It's been an emotional weekend for me at Dominion, in no small part due to the marking of our six month anniversary this past Friday. On October 17th, 2008, we threw our grand opening party, a masquerade ball in support of the American Cancer Society. It was an amazing night and many friends, aquaintances, and strangers came out to support us and to see what the fuss was all about. It's been a wild, blurry, crazy, exhausting, and fun filled ride since that first wonderful evening. Time does indeed fly.

Yesterday we also reached 1000 members in our Dominion group; no small feat in just six short months. I am thrilled that so many great people have come out to join our community. To each of you, I thank you for your support.

A special thank you to all of our High Mistresses, Ladies of The Dominion, and the Dominion Mistresses. It sounds corny, but in the most sincere way possible I call them sisters. Many of them you have seen mentioned in this blog, but there are oh so many more. Sometimes we fight or drive each other nuts, but no one can say they have more fun or more camraderie than we do. We have the best group of Dommes anywhere. I am honoured to have their support and will work hard to deserve the faith they have put in me. From the bottom of my heart, I thank them all.

I'd also like to thank a couple of the people who have gone from Dominion, but to whom I am indebted. Lady Shiloh Fouroux was one of my earliest supporters and our first Mistress of The Hunt. Although we parted ways, I am forever indebted to her for her work and committment in those early days. Syr Aryon Dagger, an old 'war buddy' came to support me and spent endless hours keeping watch on our members, the sim, and on me. Thank you Hwasie. I know you are off on new adventures and I continue to cheer you on. To the many others who made their home at Dominion for a short time and moved on, thank you. I wish you all success and happiness whereever you may go.

This journey would not have been worthwhile or even possible without a few cherished souls. Maz, my love, my anchor, my partner, my best half, thank you for holding my hand the whole way through. Van, my sweet boy, my baby, my treasured heart. I love you. Thank you for being here for this adventure.

I look around in wonder sometimes, thinking, "how did this community happen?". I didn't plan it. I didn't make it. It's some weird combination of luck, timing, and yeah, some hard work. More than anything, I want it to continue. I look forward to what the next six months holds. I wonder who will be here for the ride, what new people will walk through the door. Most of all, I hope you will all continue on this adventure with me.

Love,

Eva

No comments:

Post a Comment