Friday, June 11, 2010

A New Femdom Network

Very seldom do I use this blog for more than photos and info about events. However since so many people have been asking why I left the current incarnation of The Femdom Network I felt it was appropriate to do a post here.

The Network recently agreed to a policy of Network wide bans for extreme cases of stalking and griefing and a few have been implemented. I recently requested a ban for someone who has joined the Dominion group over 20 times to insult our members in group chat, who has harassed the sim with alts, and stalked and threatened individual members. Now I'm sure many of you know we ban quite a few people, and I get all sorts of threats and harassing IMs as the owner. I'm used to it. Hey I've even received a few death threats! You can imagine how bad things were to request a Network ban.

Imagine my surprise when the Network refused to implement a ban. Other individuals were banned without question but this person was to be given a warning. Why the special treatment? It turns out he's a tenant at one of the other Femdoms and evidently friendly with some of the owners. They've never had a problem with him. He just has some issues with Dominion.

The fact that women would support someone who insults, stalks, and harasses other women without provocation is so disgusting its hard to believe. It's especially disturbing to see from women who talk about sisterhood and support. If you can stand by and watch your supposed 'sister' being harassed and not take a stand, well you're no Domme in my books.

There are all sorts of reasons and justifications being bandied about by certain people about why the ban wasn't done. "Well he's stopped griefing hasn't he? What's the problem?", or "We've never had a problem, so why should we ban him?". I've been told I just don't 'understand the facts.' The problem is ladies, you are supporting someone who has abused other women on multiple occassions. He is continuing to harass at least one of our members and was in our group chat insulting people less than two weeks ago. Shame on you for defending him and continuing to harbour him and support him.

I founded the Network. I worked hard to convince people to join. I conceived Femdom Day. I put huge amounts of time and energy in to this Network, most recently hosting an auction and an interview event at Femdom Day 2010. The Femdom Network will continue, but it won't include women who value a few lindens and the good favour of a griefer over supporting their 'sisters'.

Watch for a new incarnation of The Femdom Network in the coming weeks. Keep an eye on the blog at http://femdomnetwork.blogspot.com for all the latest news. I love the idea of women supporting women and Femdoms supporting each other. I am not discouraged by the spinelessness of a few. The best is yet to come.

To all of those strong, wonderful, smart and powerful women who support me personally and Dominion and The Femdom Network as a whole, thank you. You are my inspiration.

Love,

Eva

1 comment: