Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Mr. Maz

So I plan to continue my little tributes through the month of Ocotober. My next one, my most special one, is to my love and wonderful partner Maztor Giles.

Maz and I have been together almost two years. We met in the most banal of places, Neva (if you are not familiar with it, it is a dance/sex club that is frequented by newbies and those who are amused by them). I was about two weeks old and wandering around in a men's suit, which I thought looked cool, and my freebie skin and hair. Up until that point, I had had little if no real interaction, although truth be told I had been on a poseball or two. Maz was older, MUCH older, having been in SL since 2005. He was wearing a tuxedo and looked very out of place. Our first conversation is lost to me now, but went something like this:

Maz: Hi there. I like your suit.
Me: Uh, thanks. Nice tuxedo. Are you a waiter here?
Maz: Yes.
Me: Well then. Get busy and get me a glass of champagne.

Maz then magically produced a glass of champagne, which impressed me to no end, being a newbie and all. We were off and running.

Maz and I took a few months to get 'together' officially. The truth of the matter is, he wasn't that interested in me. I, on the other hand, was VERY interested in him. But I played it cool and tried not to appear too pushy, giving him the time to figure out how wonderful I am :P. While Maz was busy getting his head out of ass, I spent my time roaming the halls of the BDSM places (this was before I had discovered the Femdom scene), and even had another relationship or two.

Slowly, finally, Maz started to take me more seriously. The turning point came when I rented my first house in SL, a beach house in a tropical setting. Maz started to come around, emoting the 'knock, knock', before he came in for a visit. Soon he started coming around every day and we started staying up all night talking.

A short time after, I bought my first piece of land, a little island. I put up a house and Maz came along with me. It was on the beach of this little island that Maz first told me loved me, and then promptly logged off while I stood there grinning. I'll never forget it. We've been together ever since.

Over time Maz has come in to the world of D/s and Femdom as I've explored and eventually became integrated in to some of these communities. It's not Maz's scene, but he's been great, supporting me and trying to learn more about the groups I've been involved with. He often feels left out or excluded, being neither Dom or sub, and I am grateful that he is still willing to be here.

Many of you know that Maz does almost all of our graphics here at Dominion, as well as our Youtube videos and a variety of other design jobs. What you may not know is how much he helps me in other areas, by listening to me complain, letting me bounce ideas off of him, hearing me cry, laugh, bitch, the whole gamut. He is the one who stays up all night with me when a job needs to get done. He's the one who I turn to when I have a problem and need help. He's my support, my love, my friend, my partner. I love him for standing by me when I haven't always been so easy to be around, for putting up with my shit, for caring about stuff just because I care about it. In every sense of the word, he has been my partner in my life and with Dominion.

Over this past weekend I received many congratulations and compliments. I share all of those with our staff and regular members who are here helping out everyday. I also share them with Maz, our Artificer and my partner, who is always there, unflinchingly, day after day, loving me, supporting me, and being generally amazing. He's so talented, so kind, so smart, so fun, so wonderful, and I am so lucky he chooses to be with me. He's a big part of our success. Maz, thank you for everything you do for Dominion and for me. I won't say I couldn't do it without you, but it wouldn't be half as good or half as fun if I did. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment